Learn how to explore and register for the many exciting Academy classes.
Interested in attending Fairfax Academy?
Please follow these steps
- Meet with your School Counselor to talk about Fairfax Academy courses and your schedule for next school year.
- It is highly recommended, but not required, that students visit the Fairfax Academy class(es) they are interested in. Student visits are held January through March. Visits are arranged by school counselors only. Have your counselor contact Fairfax Academy to make arrangements. Visits are OPTIONAL.
- It is also recommended that students and parents attend this year's Fairfax Academy Open House: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, from 6:30pm - 8pm at Fairfax High School. Parents & Students are invited to meet with teachers and visit classrooms! This is optional, but helpful if the student can't visit during the day, or hasn't made up their mind on which class to attend. It is also a great time for parents to have all their questions answered. https://fairfaxacademy.fcps.edu/event/fairfax-academy-open-house
- Once students decide which class to take, and which block to attend, School Counselors will register students via the Academy Registration Portal. Only counselors can register students for Academy classes.
- Students will receive confirmation letters in late spring, and welcome packets in late summer about their class and Academy information in general.
- If you are not currently a student at a traditional FCPS high school, contact Academy Counselor, Maria Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-219-2284.