Audition Information & Preparation
AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS 2018-19
MARCH 17, 2018 from 9:00AM - 1:00PM at Fairfax Academy (inside Fairfax High School)
If you are unable to attend this audition, please contact the instructor directly via email to arrange a make-up time as soon as possible (see instructor contact information below). Please review ALL the audition information below. These auditions are friendly, supportive, and non-threatening, and are used to determine best class level placement for the students.
NOTE: Returning students are NOT required to audition to move to the next level.
Meredith Barnes, Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dance Levels 2, 3, and 4: Auditions take place in the Dance Studio, room G115. Please enter the building at Door 10.
- Dance 2: Audition time, 10:15am - 11:00am
- Dance 3 & 4: Audition time, 9:00am - 10:00am
*Please wear something that you are comfortable moving in but allows us to see your lines. You will also need bare feet, jazz shoes, and/or ballet shoes.
ACTING METHODS, ADVANCED ACTING METHODS, ADVANCED MUSICAL THEATRE
Michael Replogle, Instructor, email@example.com
Auditions will take place in room E118. Please enter the building at Door 10. There are no assigned times. Students sign in upon arrival and are seen on a first come, first served basis.
The audition will consist of:
- One 2-minute monologue
- One song, 16-32 bars with music written in your key (you may bring recorded accompaniment)
- One short dance routine, taught at the audition
*Please wear comfortable clothes to move in and NO jewelry.
MUSIC and COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
Christopher Johnston, Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Auditions will take place in room E116. Please enter the building at Door 10.
Last Names A-D: Audition time, 9:00am - 10:00am
Last Names E-Q: Audition time, 10:00am - 11:30am
Last Names R-Z: Audition time, 12:00pm - 1:00pm
During the audition, applicants will be asked to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to read musical notation in more than one clef
- Keyboard proficiency: Functional keyboard skills will be tested; therefore a prepared piece is not required. Students should be prepared to sight read, play scales and arpeggios, and build chords. A keyboard will be provided. (If you do not know how to play the keyboard, still attend the audition).
- Aural Skills/Interval identification--A general knowledge of music theory, including but not limited to:
*Please bring your instrument if you are able to, with the exception of a keyboard, which will be provided.
Printable version - AUDITIONS%202018-19.pdf