Welcome to Fairfax Academy!
Enjoy this 'Welcome Letter' from our Academy Administrator, Andrea Cook.
In addition, please read and review the attendance policy, forms, and information below regarding that are pertinent to all Academy students.
* FAIRFAX ACADEMY ATTENDANCE POLICY:
Fairfax Academy’s attendance policy follows FCPS guidelines. However, we are considered a separate school, so absences must be reported directly to us. Please do not assume your base school will forward your attendance calls to Academy! Please follow the following guidelines:
- We must hear from a Parent/Guardian for ALL absences. We will not accept notices directly from students. The Parent/Guardian must notify both the Academy and the base school when students are absent for any reason
- Please use our Attendance Line at 703-219-4060. It is available 24/7.
- We do not accept emails to excuse absences. Email notices are discouraged and if received, will be followed up with a phone call to the parent/guardian for confirmation
- We require students to submit a Pre-Arranged Absence Form for all absences known in advance (appts., field trips, college visits, etc.). This form can be found in our office and classrooms, and on our website.
- This form is also required when students must attend a base school activity such as AP/SOL testing, assemblies, meetings, or other bell-schedule changes that cause you to miss your Academy class. It is impossible for Academy staff to know and track all the different school schedules
- NOTE: Students must complete and return the Pre-Arranged Absence Form at least TWO DAYS IN ADVANCE of the upcoming activity. Forms not filled out correctly may not be accepted
All students should be aware that the Academy schedule never changes. We are unable to accommodate every high school schedule as they modify for special events or altered schedules, so we remain on the same bell schedule every day of the school year.
There are 4 REQUIRED FORMS for each student, that must be completed & submitted every school year:
General forms & information regarding Fairfax Academy.
- Fairfax Academy Attendance Policy
- Additional Policies & Information
- Pre-Arranged Absence Form
- Inclement Weather Policy (for our Academy classes)
STUDENT DRIVERS must complete and submit the form below.
Along with this form, students must either submit payment for an Academy tag or submit proof of base school parking tag (which will waive the parking fee):
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Cate in the Academy Office at (703) 219-2226 or at @email.