Welcome to Fairfax Academy!
Please take a moment to read the Welcome Letter from our Academy Administrator, Andrea Cook.
Please read and review the information below as we start the 2021-2022 school year.
Parents/Guardians, please make sure all your contact information is up-to-date and you have a SIS ParentVUE account. SIS ParentVUE is accessible online here. Any changes to your contact information can be made through the FCPS weCare site.
Please note that weCare is part of FCPS 24-7 Learning: Parent View. In order to log into Parent View it is necessary to have an active SIS Parent Account. Once SIS Parent Account is created the same log in credentials will also work for FCPS 24-7 Learning: Parent View.
* FAIRFAX ACADEMY ATTENDANCE POLICY:
Even with Virtual Learning, absences should be accounted for. Fairfax Academy’s attendance policy follows FCPS guidelines. However, we are considered a separate school, so absences must be reported directly to us. Please do not assume your base school will forward your attendance calls to Academy! Please follow the following guidelines:
- We must hear from a Parent/Guardian for ALL absences. We will not accept notices directly from students. The Parent/Guardian must notify both the Academy and the base school when students are absent for any reason.
- Please use our Attendance Line at (703) 219-4060. It is available 24/7 and will be monitored on a daily basis.
- We do not accept emails to excuse absences. Email notices are discouraged and if received, will be followed up with a phone call to the parent/guardian for confirmation.
- Parents/Guardians can fill out our Online Attendance Form for all absences known in advance (appointments, college visits, etc.). Please give at least two days advanced notice.
All students should be aware that the Academy schedule never changes.
UPDATE on Attendance and Absences:
- Be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school today.
- Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise))
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
FCPS staff will be responsible for contacting those parents/guardians who have not provided information as to why their student is absent. FCPS staff will also provide the school health team with information regarding any student that has remained home due to the above COVID like illness symptoms.
Actions Required: Schools are to update attendance line and web site messages used for attendance. FCPS staff must contact parents/guardians of any student who has been called in as sick without an explanation. FCPS staff will provide the school health team with information regarding any student that has stayed home due to the above COVID like illness.
Drivers and Parking Information:
Please visit our Transportation Page for our Parking Tag Application and information.