Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight - Jordyn Salow
1) What have you learned about yourself since the COVID-19 closures?
I've learned that I adjust and operate better under these circumstances than I thought I would! My time management and stress is not as bad as I would have thought it would've been.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
I am going to study psychology at the University of Maryland, College Park!
3) How have your plans changed, if at all?
Fortunately, my plans have not changed.
4) What is your passion?
I'm passionate about a lot of things! I'd say one of my biggest passions is photography. I am enrolled in Fairfax Academy's Professional Photography 1 class this year, and it's one of the best academic AND recreational decisions I've ever made!
5) Have you discovered a new passion in light of social distancing?
Yes! I've recently taken up skateboarding--a hobby I was once scared to try--and I love it!
6) What are your hopes for the future?
I hope, as things return as close to normal as is possible, that people who are currently facing the adversity of unemployment can be re-employed or find another job without a great amount of difficulty. On a personal level, I really hope to be able to start my first semester of college in-person.
7) Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
I don't think so!
8) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
My biggest disappointment would either be missing out on the rest of my last year of high school or never getting the chance to officially say goodbye to my teachers and peers.
9) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
My biggest accomplishment through high school has been my work to implement gender-inclusive restrooms at my high school (Fairfax High School). I hope that the influence of this inclusivity will not only positively impact students at my own school, but inspire those at other schools as well.