Registration & Auditions
Learn about the registration and audition processes here at Fairfax Academy!
Interested in attending Fairfax Academy?
Please follow these steps
- Students should speak with assigned School Counselor to talk about Fairfax Academy courses and individual scheduling for next school year.
- It is highly recommended, but not required, that students visit Fairfax Academy.
- It is also recommended that students and parents attend this year's Fairfax Academy Open House. Parents & Students are invited to meet with teachers and visit classrooms! This is optional, but helpful if the student cannot visit during the day, or hasn't made up their mind on which class to attend. It is also a great time for parents to have all their questions answered.
- Once students decide which class to take, and which block to attend, School Counselors will register students via the Academy Registration Portal. Only counselors can register students for Academy classes.
- Students will receive a class confirmation letter in late spring, and a welcome letter in late summer about their Academy class(es) and general information regarding Fairfax Academy.
- If a student is not currently enrolled at a traditional FCPS high school: contact Fairfax Academy Counselor, Maria Martin at @email or 703-219-2384.
Fairfax Academy 2021 Auditions - TBD
Academy auditions are typically done in-person, however we have yet to determine if in-person auditions will be held this year. We are looking at alternative options to support all our students’ comfort levels. We will closely monitor the health metrics and contact students at the end of February/beginning of March with specific audition information.
Classes requiring an audition:
Dance 2, 3, 4 (Dance 1 requires an audition for intermediate level only - no audition required for beginning level).
Broadway Dance: No audition required but students will be required to complete a brief google interview survey.
Advanced Acting Methods
Advanced Musical Theatre
Musical Theatre Workshop - 2 credits only (1 credit does not require an audition)
Music and Computer Technology 1DE
NOTE: Returning students are not required to audition to move to the next level.