Come visit an Academy Class!
Learn about our Academy classes with a one-on-one visit.
Interested in attending Fairfax Academy?
We kindly request a minimum of 2 days advanced notice for all visits.
Please follow these steps
- Visits are highly recommended, but not required, and completely optional.
- Student visits are held January through March.
- All student visits are scheduled by school counselors and must be pre-arranged at least 2 days in advance.
- Students should meet with your School Counselor to talk about Fairfax Academy courses and your schedule, and which class students would like to visit.
- Counselors should contact Fairfax Academy Administrative Asst. Ginny Cate to schedule visits at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-219-2226. Indicate the date of visit, the academy block of visit (AM 8:40-9:45am, MID 11:45 - 1:00pm, or PM 1:00-2:10pm), the course(s) to visit, and student's current grade level. Please have alternate days/times in case first choices are not available.
- All student visitors must have a completed and signed Visitor's Pass (to be filled out by your base school counselor): Visitor%20Pass%20%26%20Shuttle%20schedule.pdf
- It is also recommended that students and parents attend the Fairfax Academy Open House on Tuesday, February 6, 2018 from 6:30-8pm. Parents & Students are invited to meet with teachers and visit classrooms! The Open House is optional, but helpful if students can't visit during the day. It's also a great time for parents to find out more information about our school and have all their questions answered.
- School Counselors will register students through the Academy Registration Portal.
- Confirmation letters will be sent out in late spring, and Welcome packets will be sent out in late summer.
- If you are not currently a student at a traditional FCPS high school, contact Academy Counselor, Maria Martin at email@example.com.