Come visit an Academy Class!
Learn about our Academy classes with a one-on-one visit.
Translate this page
Interested in attending Fairfax Academy?
Visits are highly recommended, but not required, and completely optional. Due to current health circumstances, we must require at least one week's advanced notice.
School visits are only available for current 9th-11th grade students. If your student is currently in 7th or 8th grade, please attend our evening Open House.
Please follow these steps:
- Students should meet with your School Counselor to talk about Fairfax Academy courses and your schedule, and which class students would like to visit.
- Student visits are held Wednesdays and Thursdays, from January 11, 2023 through March 1, 2023.
- All student visits are scheduled by school counselors and must be pre-arranged with at least one week advanced notice.
- Counselors should contact Fairfax Academy Administrative Asst. Sarah Tarvid to schedule visits at [email protected] or (703) 219-2226. Indicate the date of visit, the Academy block of visit (AM 8:40-9:45am, MID 11:45 - 1:00pm, or PM 1:00-2:10pm), the course(s) to visit, and student's current grade level. Please have alternate days/times in case first choices are not available. (Please note: not all classes are available every block.)
- All student visitors must have a completed and signed Visitor's Pass, which is available from your base school counselor.
School Counselors will register students through the Academy Registration Portal.
Confirmation letters will be sent out in late spring, and a welcome communication will be sent out in late summer.
It is also recommended that students and parents attend the Fairfax Academy Open House (February 7th from 6:30-7:30pm). Parents and students are invited to meet with teachers and visit classrooms! The Open House is optional, but helpful if students cannot visit during the day. It's also a great time for parents to find out more information about our school and have questions answered.
If you are not currently a student at a traditional FCPS high school, contact Academy Administrative Asst. Sarah Tarvid at [email protected].