Come visit an Academy Class!
Learn about our Academy classes with a one-on-one visit.
Interested in attending Fairfax Academy?
Visits are highly recommended, but not required, and completely optional. We kindly request an advanced notice of two school days for all visits.
Please follow these steps
- Students should meet with your School Counselor to talk about Fairfax Academy courses and your schedule, and which class students would like to visit.
- Student visits are held Wednesdays and Thursdays, from January through March each year.
- All student visits are scheduled by school counselors and must be pre-arranged with at least 2 school days of advanced notice.
- Counselors should contact Fairfax Academy Administrative Asst. Ginny Cate to schedule visits at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 219-2226. Indicate the date of visit, the academy block of visit (AM 8:40-9:45am, MID 11:45 - 1:00pm, or PM 1:00-2:10pm), the course(s) to visit, and student's current grade level. Please have alternate days/times in case first choices are not available.
- All student visitors must have a completed and signed Visitor's Pass, which is available from your base school counselor.
School Counselors will register students through the Academy Registration Portal.
Confirmation letters will be sent out in late spring, and welcome packets will be sent out in late summer.
It is also recommended that students and parents attend the Fairfax Academy Open House (TBD). Parents & students are invited to meet with teachers and visit classrooms! The Open House is optional, but helpful if students can't visit during the day. It's also a great time for parents to find out more information about our school and have all their questions answered.
If you are not currently a student at a traditional FCPS high school, contact Academy Counselor, Maria Martin at @email.