Delayed Openings and Early Closings
Students attending the Fairfax High School Academy or FHS students attending other Fairfax County Public school academies should follow the guidelines below when there is a delayed opening or early closing due to inclement weather.
Two-Hour Delayed Opening
- AM and MD (mid-day) block classes:
- Shuttle buses will not run.
- Students who regularly drive are asked to remain at their base school. Fairfax High School students will follow the FHS altered schedule.
- PM block classes:
- PM classes will be held as usual.
- Shuttle buses will run a their regularly scheduled time. Students riding buses should wait an extra 10-15 minutes for their shuttle since inclement weather may cause delays.
- If students cannot attend their PM classes, a parent/guardian should report absences on the Academy attendance line at.
- Double-blocked students (MD and PM, odd or even days):
- Students who are scheduled for a double-blocked class will be expected to attend the PM class block on a delay day.
- PM shuttle bus numbers are different than the MD shuttle bus numbers.
- Please be aware that not all schools have inbound OR outbound shuttles for the PM block, and you may need to provide your own transportation.
- If you cannot attend class, a parent/guardian should report absences on the attendance line.
Two-Hour EARLY CLOSING
- All AM classes will be held as scheduled.
- All MD, PM and double-blocked classes and shuttles will be canceled.
Fairfax Academy Attendance Line: 703-219-4060
Fairfax Academy's Inclement Weather Policy (with additional information regarding the Academy)