Learn how to explore and register for our ten unique Academy classes.
Interested in attending Fairfax Academy?
Please follow these steps
- Students should speak with his/her assigned School Counselor to talk about Fairfax Academy courses and individual scheduling for next school year.
- It is highly recommended, but not required, that students visit the Fairfax Academy class(es) they are interested in. Student visits are held January through March. Visits are only arranged by school counselors. Students should have their school counselor contact Fairfax Academy to make arrangements. Visits are OPTIONAL.
- It is also recommended that students and parents attend this year's Fairfax Academy Open House: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, at 6:30pm at Fairfax High School. Parents & Students are invited to meet with teachers and visit classrooms! This is optional, but helpful if the student cannot visit during the day, or hasn't made up their mind on which class to attend. It is also a great time for parents to have all their questions answered. * The 'snow date' for this event is Monday, February 11th at 6:30pm.
- Once students decide which class to take, and which block to attend, School Counselors will register students via the Academy Registration Portal. Only counselors can register students for Academy classes.
- Students will receive a class confirmation letter in late spring, and a welcome letter in late summer about their Academy class(es) and general information regarding Fairfax Academy.
- If a student is not currently enrolled at a traditional FCPS high school: contact Fairfax Academy Counselor, Maria Martin at email@example.com or 703-219-2384.