Professional Photography Studio
CREDIT: Level 1 - One credit; Level 2 - Two credits
GRADES: 11 and 12
In a state-of-the art digital photography lab and studio, students use the latest Digital SLR cameras. Students will photograph people, places, and objects and will prepare these images with the intent of professional publication using software included in the Adobe Creative Suite. The course allows students to see dynamic results in real time and print their work on professional level color printers.
Topics include image composition, digital editing, studio & location lighting, file formats, file storage and print production. Students will relate these skills to the current business and art practices of the modern commercial photographic industry. In addition, students develop personal portfolios to aid in entry into the marketplace or
into advanced photography educational programs.
In Level 2 of the course, students will:
- develop studio lighting techniques & composition skills
- learn how to open & maintain a professional photo studio
- experience client interaction
- perform community outreach with photographic services
- master studio lighting techniques and compositio
- communicate, collaborate & use critical thinking skills with clients
Industry certification may be available as part of this course.
- Advertising photographer
- Architectural photographer
- Fashion photographer
- Image graphics specialist
- Portrait photographer
- Production technician
- Studio manager
For photography questions, please contact:
- Professional Photo Teacher, HS