Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web
Fairfax Academy Families,
It has been so wonderful connecting with many of our students in classes over the past few weeks and seeing their creativity shine, despite our virtual environment. Our teachers are planning incredible lessons and are striving to build the community that is such a big part of the Academy. The Support Team and faculty enjoyed connecting with some of you all at Back to School Night and look forward to continuing the conversations to best support your student during their time with us.
A few business items:
- We still have a number of Korean and Arabic textbooks that have not been turned in. If you can check your house and return any books from last year that would be great. You can drop off books to the Academy office between 8am and 3pm, Monday through Friday. When you arrive at door #10 please call 703-219-2226 and someone will meet you outside.
- If you are an ASL student who has not picked up your book, please call the Academy office (703-219-2226) or email Mrs. Cate (email@example.com) to schedule a time to stop by for your book.
- All Fairfax Academy students are encouraged to submit back to school paperwork so we are prepared ahead of time for phasing in groups of students. Please go to this google form to access all documents and to find directions on how to submit paperwork.
- Lastly, if you have not completed the Digital Resource Consent for your student, please do so as soon as possible. This gives teachers the ability to use a number of applications and software to support a variety of learning styles when teaching both virtually and face-to-face. If you have any questions, please contact your student's teacher of the Academy office.
Below you will find details about our Academy Support Team, the phasing in of certain Academy programs, Digital Resource Consent directions, and a few other reminders about grades.
We look forward to seeing some of our students very soon. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.
Wishing you a beautiful fall weekend!
Fairfax Academy for Communications and the Arts
703.219.2387 (office) | firstname.lastname@example.org (email)
Fairfax Academy Support Team
Visit our ‘Return to School Page’ for important information & various resources.
Phasing in Academy Programs
The FCPS School Board approved certain Career and Technical Education (CTE)/Academy programs to hold class on Mondays and select days during the week at Fairfax Academy for those important hands-on learning activities. Fashion Careers, Musical Theatre and Actor’s Studio, Dance, Professional Photography, Music Computer Technology and Television & Media Production are approved to begin face-to-face instruction in the school building in small cohorts on a rotating schedule. Sessions will be on a rotation basis with each program allowing students in the building every 2-4 weeks. This is an optional opportunity available for all students.
Families are encouraged to confirm their intent on the survey by Monday, October 5. Students who do not respond will be defaulted to their July Return to School submission. If you have any questions, please contact your student's teacher or the Academy office.
Digital Resource Consent
Consent for the use of Digital Resources
- Our teachers will use a variety of digital resources to support student learning and promote communication and collaboration. Some of the digital resources your student may use this year will require your consent before they can be used. Please visit our Academy's list of resources that require parental consent
- Included on this page is also a link to a form where the enrolling parent or guardian will need to indicate whether or not their student is allowed to use the list of digital resources this year.
- This page also provides more information about how FCPS carefully reviews digital resources for approval and why we must request your consent before using specific tools. We encourage you to complete the parental consent for digital resources form as soon as possible, as your student will not be able to use certain digital resources until we have received your permission.
Grade Reports and Paperless Report Card Option
If you have registered for SIS ParentVUE and have a primary email address recorded in ParentVUE, you can receive your student’s Weekly Progress Report via email. For the 2020-21 school year, Weekly Progress Reports are scheduled to begin on Monday, October 5, 2020. This report provides a summary of your student’s grades for the current quarter. To activate the Weekly Progress Reports via email, login to your SIS ParentVUE account and verify that you have a primary email address within the system. It is listed under the “My Account” tab.
If it is blank, enter the email address where you would like to receive the progress reports, and click on “Update account.” Once your email is confirmed, return to the “My Account” tab to activate and select your preferences for receiving these reports. Emails will be sent according to your selected preferences. Weekly Progress Reports for all of your middle and high school students will be included in one email. For additional help, refer to the quick reference guide for FCPS parents/guardians.
You can opt to “Go Paperless” in ParentVUE and receive only online report cards. This will not impact any other mailings from FCPS other than the report cards for secondary students and progress reports for ES students. To take advantage of the paperless options, parents and/or guardians will need to log into ParentVUE, then go to “My Account” and select "Go Paperless." All parents who live with the student and share the same address must have a SIS ParentVUE account and must select the paperless option to prevent mailing of the printed report cards. The “Go Paperless” option will apply to all your associated students, no matter what school level.
Fairfax Academy for Communications & the Arts
3501 Lion Run, Fairfax, Virginia 22030 | Main phone: 703.219.2226
Attendance Phone: 703.219.4060 | Web | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter